- Plans, coordinates, performs product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of moderate scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project.
- Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel.
- Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors.
- Executes high level applications to more complex problems. Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations. Develops and/or executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation. Applies knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products.
Major Duties include:
- Vehicle and system verification & validation: This engineer will plan and execute functional performance verification of electric drive systems and vehicles, provide input to the vehicle test plan for electrification system durability verification, validate electrification customer acceptance, and document and deliver all electrification test results to vehicle teams as part of the development process.
- Perform functional testing of the electric drive systems consisting of electric machines, power electronics, control systems, wiring systems, batteries, and related systems.
- Work with vehicle product engineering to execute product testing through technology delivery, integrated system delivery, and product delivery formal processes.
- Within the project team, execute formal development process.
- Duties include managing work flow, supporting documentation creation, and common practices such as FMEAs, DVP&R, test and requirement traceability, test tracking, change management, product validation, and product verification.
- Demonstrated ability to verify electric drive components and systems including test planning, test setup, test execution, and test documentation. Scope includes functional performance, environmental qualification, certification, component reliability, and system durability.
- Demonstrated ability applying formal product development processes in project execution.
- Product engineering experience (at least 7 years)
- Product test experience (at least 5 years)
- Technical experience relating to the development (design and/or test) of electric drive systems (at least 3 years)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with emphasis on power conversion, electric machines, power electronics, electric drive control, and/or similar technologies or Bachelors degree in Engineering with equivalent work experience.
- Strong practical experience in electric drive product development
- Experience with test planning, execution, and documentation within a production development environment
- Experience with vehicle engineering (examples include: agriculture, construction, automotive, recreation, mining)
Training, Design, Engineering